Summative Assignments December 11, 2009Posted by ammerahsaidi in Uncategorized.
We’ve wrapped up reading Othello this week and I am so amazed at the conversations you, the students, are able to orchestrate in class. You choose important quotes, you discuss the motives of certain characters, you make educated predictions and you complete tasks that are not for a grade but are important to you because they help you think deeply about the work in front of you.
Next week, make sure to prepare for the essay exam. I will be available after school for any enrichment: for questions on the play or the analytical essay.
As I’ve stated in class, there will be no class time devoted to the analytical essay in class. You must do work on your own, review your past work and my comments, and then come see me after school to check any rough drafts or outlines you have created.
Here are some important rules to take note of on the due date:
- Essays will be collected AT THE DOOR on January 4th
- Everything must be stapled in reverse order before you enter class
- Every rubric criteria must be followed
- Your essay will be considered late if you enter my classroom without it being stapled in the appropriate order
- You will lose 5 points for any rule not being followed for turn-in (35/25 points)
- Absolutely no excuses; if you will be absent or late on Monday, the 4th, you must email me your essay: email@example.com
Remember to use this website as a resource for help.